Cramming for Christmas

Saturday, December 15, 2012

We are 10 days out from the most wonderful time of the year...and I have this horrible feeling that I haven’t truly drank in the season.  So, I’m cramming (thank God, not for finals)...the festivities...a little bit of Kris Kringle...chestnuts...anything...I’m on a mad search for the spirit of Christmas present...

In honor of Baby Jesus and Santa and Jack Frost and Buddy the Elf, 
this weekend looked like my first and only cup of eggnog (light, of course),
Christmas party cleaning...may as well of hired a hazmat team...
falling asleep on a blanket palette around the Christmas tree. And coercing my guy to join me.
Santa bucks for the kids. Yep. We paid $2.50 for a dollar with a sticker of Santa’s face stuck smack dab in the middle.  Santa bucks=the cure for seasonal depression.
Mani/pedi giftcards in the most perfect silver boxes for two girls I love.
 A couple of crazy hours of family pics that became the happiest cards ever.
A houseful of friends tomorrow night.
Managing a grilled parmesan, bacon, and cheddar sandwich for my lovies. Definitely  Christmas, if this girl is cooking.

This runner girl began an 8-mile run at 6 in the morning.  I’m on the verge of hallucinations at this point. With that, I’m heading for the land of sugar plums. 
God help me...I plan to make magic over the next 9 days. 
I hope you and yours are making some enchanted plans of your own.  

Christmas 2012, I swear to slow down, savor, seek the wonder.  
Christmas 2012, I LOVE you! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Once again Christina, your blog/post is awesome. Every post I read keeps getting better and better. Your writing has a way to make me laugh like no one else's. They are always filled with joy. It is like a roller coaster ride, you are captivated by every moment throughout the ride and you never want it to end. You're awesome, keep writing you have true talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gus, you're awesome! Let's keep capturing those awesome moments! Who would've thought "Good morning, sunshine!" could drive us to tears? You're the best running buddy ever...oh, and shop manager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so you're like the energizer bunny! nothing stops you or keeps you from going & going & going...you rise up (EARLY)& accomplish all you set out to do...you're awesome my proverbs 31 friend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete