Color Me Happy

Thursday, November 29, 2012



      Life was meant to be brilliant.  Yesterday it sparkled.  Five of the most colorful girls in this world and I, partied like rockstars over a 5K kaleidoscope of a course.  Tutus, goggles, striped knee socks, sweatbands, and sheer craziness, race volunteers quickly dubbed us the “Color Fairies” and the only competition this race held was to the one who was pure rainbow at the finish line.  “The Happiest Race on the Planet,” Miami’s Color Run made me a believer in running just for the heck of it...no PR’s (personal records), pics, pics, and more pics, powder bursts of color, and Kat’s iphone playing dance beats.  We resembled some weird brand of acrobat at the color stations...flipping and turning to make sure not one inch was left untouched.  We were like kids in a candy shop full of gobstoppers and gumballs.  The finale brought a huge powder party...so much color we could barely see, even my teeth covered in red, intensely hued sweat pouring down my neck, me hoisted up into the air yelling at the top of my lungs like I had gone completely bonkers, my color-crazed friends rocking it out to “Gangman Style” like it was going out of style.  After this one, I may never competitively race again.

Today I bear the marks of a color warrior... remnants of blue all over me...but I know this, living life in color is exactly what I hope for.  Friends, parties, music, laughing, and of course, running...what more could a girl want.

Color fairies, one last time, let’s give it up for the memory that we will forever be to dozens of innocent cyclists, somebody’s dad’s sock on the antennae, and bananas. I hope your true colors show through everyday...because they are...beautiful and brilliant...just like you.





6 comments:

  1. You truly are God's Color Warrior. If only the world had more of your Joy Christina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks for tweeting me man! You're awesome!

      Delete
  2. Next Year I am down like James Brown Color Run Style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You need to run this race Jeff! This is a great race for the entire family! It's happening February 2nd!

      Delete
  3. LOL!!!! This race was the best EVER!!!! I ran the 5K in its entirety without my asthma kicking in thanks to you and the girls. I can't wait for the next one in February as the Color Fairies will unite once again. Love you more girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. after reading this life like blog, i have registered my kids & i to venture out on the next color run! your blog made me feel as though i was there, and so i will have the complete experience come february!! i'm sure it'll be as amazing as the words you've written! who knows, maybe i'll make tye dye cupcakes for an after partyyyyy ;)

    ReplyDelete