Mean Girls

Saturday, February 8, 2014



Never did actually watch the movie.  But I get it.  And however painful it is to admit or think, they exist.  Mean girls.  From elementary to grown up girls...they’re out there.  Not to sound cynical about life.  Because I believe we can be both optimists and realists.

At your workplace...at the Macy’s fragrance counter...could be in the family...maybe even at church.  Perhaps reality or maturity or sensitivity never really set in...but at 30 something I’ve encountered it.  The snub...the hushed talking when you get close by...the overbearing, competitive personalities...the indirect statements that directly slam you...the lack of an invite.  And I guess after all this time I still don’t get it.  Call me naive or simple, but even if I tried, it never felt right to be mean.  

Growing up, my best friend was my twin brother.  I played kickball, camped in backyard tents, built forts, nursed stray animals, and even a matchbox car race or two.  And this runner girl also played Barbies and sold girl scout cookies and loved me some baby dolls. Somewhere around the 7th grade a fantastic thought sparked in me...boys might be more than besties and I discovered the power of primping.  But boys always=more real, no drama, and time after time, less mean.


No amount of fashion or makeup or friends can make up for authenticity, inner beauty, and purity of heart.  Here’s my advice ladies:  Say no to cliques. Save the drama. Kill them with kindness.  Stay sweet. Exercise patience.  Live honestly. There is something to be said of good girls. Be nice. You ARE not alone. In the end, nice and good and sweet, speak louder than the mean girls ever could.

                                                                             Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment